How to Play
Divide players into 2 teams.
You will need 2 helpers to hold up a blanket between the 2 teams.
Each team picks 1 player to stand on either side of the blanket.
(The 2 players will be facing each other, with the blanket between them.)
On the count of 3, drop the blanket. The first player who correctly shouts the opponent’s name scores a point.
The team with the highest score after a specified number of rounds wins.
Bible Lesson – Angels Appear to Mary and the Shepherds
1. Did you enjoy this game?
2. Does this game remind you of any Christmas stories?
There are many Christmas stories about Santa Claus, but Christmas is not really about Santa. On Christmas, we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Let’s read some stories about the birth of Jesus…
3. Who appeared to Mary?
4. How would you react if an angel suddenly appears before you?
5. What did the angel tell Mary?
6. According to angel Gabriel, what will the son be called?
The angel Gabriel told Mary that the Holy Spirit would come on her, and she will give birth to the Son of God. The Bible also tells us that, after the birth of Jesus, an angel announced his birth to some other people. Do you know this story?
7. Who did the angel appear to?
8. What did the angel say about the baby?
9. What did the shepherds do?
10. Where did the shepherds find the baby?
This is the true story of Christmas. Christmas is the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Jesus is the Son of God.
God sent his Son, Jesus, to be born on earth because he loves us very much.
God loves us so much that he wants to be with us forever and ever! But we cannot be with God because we have all sinned. We have all done things that are wrong. Telling lies, fighting and stealing are examples of sins.
So God sent his Son, Jesus, to come to earth to die on the cross so that all of our sins can be forgiven.
And on the third day, Jesus became alive again!
If you choose to accept this perfect Christmas gift of Jesus, you can be with God forever and ever.
You can accept Jesus by:
1. Admitting that you have sinned and asking God to forgive you,
2. Believing that Jesus died on the cross to be punished instead of you, and
3. Inviting Jesus into your life to help you turn away from sin.
You can talk to Jesus about this right now:
Dear Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I believe that you died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins. Please forgive all of my sins. Please come into my life and help me turn away from doing wrong. Thank you that because you took the punishment for my sins, I can have a relationship with you now and will one day be with you in heaven. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen
Share the Gospel this Christmas
The holiday season presents an excellent opportunity to share the message of salvation.