How to Play
Players stand in a circle.
Give the ball to the youngest player.
The player holding the ball shouts the name of another player before tossing the ball to that player.
That player must catch the ball and shout the name of yet another player before tossing the ball to that player.
Some General Rules
- If the ball is not tossed close to the player called, the player tossing the ball is out.
- If the player whose name has just been called fails to catch the ball, that player is out.
- If the player holding the ball does not shout the name of another player within 5 seconds (shorter if you are playing with older youths), that player is out.
- No tossing back and forth between any 2 players.
Bible Lesson – Blessed to be a Blessing
1. Did you enjoy this game?
2. Was it easy to keep the ball in play?
In this game, each of us did not hold on to the ball for long. We tossed it to another player as quickly as we could.
3. Does your family and friends have a habit of giving birthday or Christmas gifts? What was the favorite gift that you received? Who gave it to you? What did you do with the gift?
4. Do you have a habit of giving gifts to others? Why or why not?
5. What did God tell Abram (Abraham) to do?
6. What did God promise Abram (Abraham)?
7. Were God’s blessings meant for Abram (Abraham) alone?
God told Abraham to leave his father’s household and go to the land that God would show him.
God promised to make Abraham a great nation.
God would bless not only Abraham, but also all the people on earth through Abraham.
8. How has God blessed us spiritually?
9. Besides spiritual blessings, how else has God blessed you? (Examples: physical health, family and friends, home, material possessions)
Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20; James 1:27; 2:14-17
10. Does God want us to keep all these blessings to ourselves?
11. Who is one person with whom you can share your spiritual blessings?
12. Who is one person with whom you can share your other blessings?
We have all received blessings from God. God does not want us to hoard his blessings. He wants us to use these blessings to bless others!