Download and print the Big Gulp of Jonah Printable.
Make 1 Big Gulp of Jonah craft in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample craft.
You will need for each child:
- Big Gulp of Jonah Printable
- 1 Paper cup
- Sticky Tape
- 1 piece of String (about 18 inches long)
- Clothes Peg, Eraser or Crushed Aluminum Foil (or anything to give Jonah some weight)
To Make the Big Gulp of Jonah Toy
1. Cut out Jonah and the top and bottom pieces of the whale.
2. Paste the top piece of the whale on a paper cup, then the bottom piece (see picture above).
3. Paste Jonah onto a clothes peg or eraser or small piece of crushed aluminum foil (or anything to give Jonah some weight).
4. Paste one end of the string to the bottom of the paper cup; paste or tie the other end to Jonah.
How to Play
Hold the whale in your hand.
Try to swing Jonah into the mouth of the whale.
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Play an opposites game to get kids ready for the lesson on Jonah and the Big Fish.
Show kids a video on the
Jonah and the Fish
Jonah and the Fish, by Saddleback Kids
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Jonah and the Big Fish Comic Strip
Kids create a 9-frame comic strip to re-tell the story of Jonah and the Big Fish.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Big Gulp of Jonah
In this Jonah and the whale craft and game, players try to get Jonah into the mouth of a whale.
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Players are crew on a ship and must obey the captain’s orders!
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Jonah in a Big Fish Puppet
Make your own Jonah in a Big Fish Puppet at home.
You may also like Jonah in a Big Fish Puppet taken from the same Sunday School Lesson: