Download and print the Daniel in the Lions’ Den Pop-up Card.
Make 1 Daniel in the Lions’ Den Pop-up Card in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample pop-up card.
You will need for each child:
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den Pop-up Card Printable
Making Daniel in the Lions’ Den Pop-up Card
1. Color your Lion Pop-up Card.
2. Cut out the large rectangle along the black solid lines.
(Take note of the positions of the grey dashed lines A and B.)
3. Fold along the grey dashed line A, with the lion facing out.
4. With the paper folded, cut along the lion’s teeth (black dotted lines).
5. Fold along the angled grey dash lines at the lion’s forehead and chin.
6. Unfold all.
7. Fold the rectangle along the grey dashed line B. The lion should be facing out.
8. Apply a little glue along the short edge of the rectangle to stick the 2 halves together. Be careful not to apply any glue near the lion.
9. Fold along the grey dashed line A again, this time with the lion on the inside.
10. Unfold slightly and gently pull on the lion’s mouth to make it pop-up. The inside of your pop-up card should look like this:
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Animals Blow Wind Blow
Use this variation of “Blow Wind Blow” to introduce the story of Daniel in the Lions’ Den.
Show kids a video on the
Daniel in the Lions’ Den
Daniel in the Lions’ Den, by Saddleback Kids
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Kids solve a crossword puzzle and tell the story of Daniel in the Lion’s Den.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Make a retractable telescope to remind kids to always look and pray to God because God is greater than any mighty beast or powerful king!
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Blindfolded players try to ignore noisy distractions to stay focused on their teammates’ instructions to retrieve crushed papers balls.
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Would You Rather…
Would you obey God no matter what?
You may also like Daniel’s Telescope Craft taken from the same Sunday School Lesson: