Download Daniel’s Telescope Printable.
Print the 3 pages on 3 different colored paper.
Make 1 Daniel’s Telescope in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample telescope.
You will need for each child:
- 1 set of Daniel’s Telescope Printable (Print the 3 pages on 3 different colored paper)
- Double-sided foam tape
To Make Daniel’s Telescope
1. Cut out the pieces along the black solid lines.
2. Apply a little glue on the grey section and carefully form the 3 separate segments of the telescope.
3. Place the “king” segment standing up.
Slide the “lion” segment over it.
Slide the “God is Greatest!” segment over them.
4. Paste double-sided foam tape on the squares marked by X , then paste down the long strips. These strips will act as stoppers to keep the segments of the telescope in place.
Have kids use their telescopes to look outside the windows.
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Animals Blow Wind Blow
Use this variation of “Blow Wind Blow” to introduce the story of Daniel in the Lions’ Den.
Show kids a video on the
Daniel in the Lions’ Den
Daniel in the Lions’ Den, by Saddleback Kids
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Kids solve a crossword puzzle and tell the story of Daniel in the Lion’s Den.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Make a retractable telescope to remind kids to always look and pray to God because God is greater than any mighty beast or powerful king!
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Blindfolded players try to ignore noisy distractions to stay focused on their teammates’ instructions to retrieve crushed papers balls.
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Would You Rather…
Would you obey God no matter what?
You may also like Daniel in the Lions’ Den Pop-up Card taken from the same Sunday School Lesson: