Download and print the Joseph Emoji Story Flipper Printable.
Make 1 Joseph Emoji Story Flipper in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample flipper.
You will need for each child:
- 1 copy of Joseph Emoji Story Flipper Printable
To Make the Joseph Emoji Story Flipper
1. Cut out all the pieces along the black solid lines.
2. Fold along ALL the grey dashed lines. Press down firmly to make distinct crease lines.
Then unfold all.
3. Apply a little glue in the grey-shaded section. Carefully paste the 5 cards in the spaces indicated.
(It is important that you paste them in the correct order.)
4. Turn over and fold down Flap A.
5. Apply a little glue and paste down the opposite flap.
6. Fold the top portion down.
7. Turn over and fold down Flap B.
Apply a little glue on Flap B and paste down the opposite flap.
Your Joseph Emoji Story Flipper is now ready to use!
To Use the Joseph Emoji Story Flipper
Loosely hold the 2 sides near the bottom. Use your other hand to gently pull the bottom tab downwards.
Your Joseph Emoji Story Flipper should flip open to reveal the 6 different emojis.
Your Flipper may feel stiff the first time you use it, but it should get easier to flip the more you play with it.
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Once Upon an Emoji
Use this game to illustrate that stories can take many twists and turns and have surprising endings.
Show kids a video on the
God’s Story: Joseph, by Crossroads Kids’ Club
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Kids arrange Joseph Story Cards in the correct order and re-tell the story of Joseph.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Play a zoomed-in picture guessing game to help kids learn that we don’t always see the full picture.
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Joseph Emoji Story Flipper
Make a spectacular Joseph Emoji Story Flipper.
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
How Far Can You See?
Make a pair of binoculars as reminder that we can trust God with our future.