Make 1 Moses and the Burning Bush Craft in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample craft.
You will need for each child:
- A transparent plastic cup
- Construction paper: Brown and 2 shades of green
- Cellophane wrap: Red, orange, yellow
- 1 flickering LED tealight
Making The Moses and the Burning Bush Craft
1. Cut the brown construction paper into the shape of a tree trunk with some branches.
2. Cut out leaves of various sizes with the green construction paper.
3. Paste the brown tree trunk and green leaves on the outside of the transparent plastic cup.
4. Cut out squares of red, orange and yellow cellophane wrap.
5. Stack the cellophane wrap like this:
The red square should be at the bottom, the orange square in the middle, and the yellow square at the top. Place the LED tealight on top.
6. Switch on the LED tealight.
7. Gather the cellophane wrap around the LED tealight and place the cellophane with the tealight inside the plastic cup.
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Hot and Cold
Play a Hot and Cold Game to get kids ready for the lesson on Moses and the Burning Bush.
Show kids a video on the
Moses and the Burning Bush
Moses and the Burning Bush (Exodus 2-3), by Saddleback Kids
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Moses and the Burning Bush Emoji Story
Kids arrange 20 Emojis in sequence, then use them as prompts to re-tell the story of Moses and the Burning Bush.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Burning Bush Craft
Use this Burning Bush Craft to remind kids that God knows and cares about His people.
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Broken Telephone Game
Teach kids to cast their anxiety on God because God cares about them!
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Hello, Are You There, God?
Help kids connect with God in prayer.