Download and print The Good Samaritan Pop-up Card printable.
Make 1 The Good Samaritan Pop-up Card in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample pop-up card.
You will need for each child:
- 1 copy of The Good Samaritan Pop-up Card Printable
- Colored pencils
- Pencil or pen
Making The Good Samaritan Pop-up Card
1. Cut out the large rectangle along the black solid lines.
(Take note of the positions of the grey dashed lines A and B.)
2. Fold along the grey dashed line A, with the printed figure facing out.
3. With the paper folded, cut along the black dotted lines next to the printed figure.
4. Fold along the grey dash lines near the hands of the printed figure. Then unfold all.
5. Fold the rectangle along the grey dashed line B. The printed figure should be facing out.
6. Apply a little glue along the short edge of the rectangle to stick the 2 halves together.
Be careful not to apply any glue near the printed figure.
7. Fold along the grey dashed line A again, this time with the printed figure on the inside.
8. Unfold slightly and gently pull on the printed figure to make it pop-up.
The inside of your pop-up card should look like this:
9. Draw in the details (face, hair and clothes) and add colors.
10. You may also like to add a message on the outside of the card, such as:
- Hi there!
- Hello 🙂
- Have a nice day!
- Jesus loves you!
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Sort M&Ms by Color
What does sorting M&Ms by color have to do with The Good Samaritan?
Show kids a video on the
The Good Samaritan
God’s Story: The Good Samaritan, by Crossroads Kids’ Club
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Give kids a “banana telephone” and have them tell the Bible story to a friend.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Bible Charades for Kids
Loving in action may not always be easy, but it’s something Jesus really, really wants us to do!
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
The Good Samaritan Pop-up Card
Make a pop-up card for someone who needs cheering up.
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Be a Good Neighbor
Let’s show practical love and cheer someone up with the pop-up card and some M&Ms.