Download the Wriggly Snake Craft Printable.
Print Page 1 (Snake Head) and Page 2 (Snake Tongue) on 2 different colored paper.
Each printout can be shared amongst several kids.
Make 1 Wriggly Snake in advance. (Follow the instructions below.)
You will need to show kids your sample Wriggly Snake.
You will need for each child:
- 1 Snake Head
- 1 Snake Tongue
- Googly Eyes (or provide Markers to draw eyes)
- 8 strips of paper of 2 different colors (i.e. 4 strips of 1 color and 4 strips of a different color).
To Make a Wriggly Snake
1. Cut out 1 Snake Head and 1 Snake Tongue.
Glue the tongue and 2 Googly Eyes onto the Snake Head. Set this aside.
2. Glue 2 strips of different colored paper at a right angle:
3. Fold the strips of paper, accordion style:
4. When you reach the end of each strip, glue an additional strip of the same color to extend the length.
5. Continue folding and joining until you have reached the end of 8 strips of paper (4 strips of 2 different colors). Leaving 1 square to attach the Snake Head, glue the 2 ends together:
6. Cut off any excess paper at the end:
7. Glue on the Snake Head:
Sunday School Lesson
This craft is taken from the following Sunday School Lesson:
Get Them Curious
Prepare kids for an exciting
Swap cards with each other until everyone has 10 different plague cards.
Show kids a video on the
The Ten Plagues of Egypt
Moses and the Exodus (Exodus 4-14), by Saddleback Kids
Make it Stick
Help kids remember the
Israelites and Egyptians
Put kids in the shoes the Israelites and Egyptians and lead them to know the one true God.
Help kids grasp
the big idea.
Wriggly Snake Craft
Make a wriggly snake and learn more about the one true God who turned Moses’ staff into a snake!
Walk the Talk
Help kids live out
the big idea.
Will you do what Simon says?
Take it Home
Send kids home with a concrete action plan and fun midweek activities.
Snakes and Ladders
Color your own Snakes and Ladders game board and play the game with your family and friends.