Challenge one another to describe a given item in as many ways as possible. Just as an object can be described in so many different ways, 1 Corinthians 13 shows us that there are different aspects to love as well.
Bible: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; Matthew 22:36-39
Ages: 6 and above
Group Size: 2 or more
Supplies: A variety of objects (e.g. ball, apple), Paper and pens, Small prizes for the winner(s)
Please Rate This Game:
How to Play
Hold up an object for everyone to see.
Challenge everyone (either individually, in pairs or small groups) to think of as many ways as possible to describe the object. Have them write these descriptions down.
For example, if the object is a basketball: round, bouncy, orange in color, has black lines on it, rough surface, filled with air, made of rubber, can be used in a game of basketball…
Award small prizes to the individual or team with the greatest number of descriptions.
Play several rounds with different objects.
Bible Lesson – Love
1. In how many ways did you manage to describe the object?
2. Are all your descriptions true?
3. How many ways can you describe love?
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4. Are you surprised by any of these descriptions of love?
5. Do you struggle with any of areas? Tell us more.
6. Going by the descriptions of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, would you say that you are a loving person? Why or why not?
7. In what ways can you become a more loving person?
8. Why is it important that we become a more loving person?
9. According to Jesus, what are the two greatest commandments?
10. What practical ways can we show love to people around us?
God wants us to love not only him, but also to love one another.
As an Amazon Associate, Bible Games Central earns from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. This income allows us to continue developing new Bible games and lessons.
Continuous learning and growth helps us become more effective in our ministry. Here are some resources from Amazon.com you may find helpful.