Place 1 jingle bell in the first box, 2 bells in the second box, 3 bells in the third box, and so forth.
Use sticky tape to seal all the boxes.
Download, print and cut up the Do You Hear What I Hear? Box Labels.
Randomly paste 1 label on each box.
Download, print and cut up the Do You Hear What I Hear? Answer Sheet.
Each copy is for 6 players. Print as many copies as you need.
How to Play
Have players take turns to shake the boxes and secretly record their answers on the Do You Hear What I Hear? Answer Sheet.
No discussion allowed!
After collecting all the answer sheets, open the boxes to reveal the correct answer.
Award simple prizes to those who guessed correctly.
Planning a holiday party, Christmas family gathering, Sunday School lesson or church event? You can find More Christmas Games Here!
Bible Lesson – Angels Appear to the Shepherds
1. Did you enjoy this game? Why or why not?
2. What do jingle bells remind you of?
3. Do you know the song “Jingle Bells”? What other Christmas carols do you know?
During the Christmas season, we often hear jingle bells and various Christmas carols.
4. Do you know that, according to the Bible, there was also caroling on the night of the very first Christmas?
The Bible tells us that a group of angels appeared, and they praised God, saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Let us read the verses before these, to learn more about what happened.
5. Who did the angels appear to?
6. According to verse 10, why did the angel appear to the shepherds?
7. What was the good news that the angel brought to the shepherds?
8. What sign did the angels give to the shepherds, that what they said was true?
9. Do you know the name of this baby?
10. Do you know who Jesus is? Have you heard about Jesus before?
Continue with this section for a lesson with believers. Alternatively, if you are having a lesson with pre-believers, skip this section and go to the next section.
11. How did you hear about Jesus?
12. How would you describe your relationship with Jesus?
On the night that Jesus was born, angels appeared to a group of shepherds and announced the birth of our Lord and Savior. Let’s read about what happened next.
13. What did the shepherds do after hearing the news about Jesus?
14. What have you done ever since you heard the good news about Jesus?
15. What do you think God wants you to do?
Jesus is the Son of God.
On the night that Jesus was born on Earth, God sent His angels to announce it to the shepherds. And the shepherds went on to tell others about what they had seen and heard.
We know about Jesus and received the gift of salvation because God sent someone to tell us about Jesus. This gift is not only for us. God wants us to share it with all the people who have not yet received this gift.
Use this section for an evangelistic lesson with pre-believers. Alternatively, if you are having a lesson with believers, you may skip this section.
11. According to this verse, who is Jesus?
12. Why did God send Jesus to be born on Earth?
The Bible tells us that Jesus is the Son of God. God sent Jesus to be born on Earth because He loves us so much that he wants to be with us forever and ever!
But we cannot be with God because we have all sinned.
13. Do you know what “sin” means?
Sins are things that we do that make God unhappy.
14. Do you think you have sinned?
15. What are some of the things you have done that may have made God unhappy?
We have all done things that are wrong. Telling lies, fighting and stealing are examples of sins.
God sent his Son, Jesus, to come to earth to die on the cross so that all of our sins can be forgiven.
And on the third day, Jesus became alive again!
Jesus is God’s perfect Christmas gift to us!
If you choose to accept the perfect Christmas gift of Jesus, you can be with God forever and ever.
16. Have you already accepted the gift of Jesus?
17. Would you like to accept this gift?
You can accept Jesus by:
1. Admitting that you have sinned and asking God to forgive you,
2. Believing that Jesus died on the cross to be punished instead of you, and
3. Inviting Jesus into your life to help you turn away from sin.
You can talk to Jesus about this right now:
Dear Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I believe that you died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins. Please forgive all of my sins. Please come into my life and help me turn away from doing wrong. Thank you that because you took the punishment for my sins, I can have a relationship with you now and will one day be with you in heaven. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen
Once you choose to accept the perfect Christmas gift of Jesus, you can be with God forever and ever!