Set up chairs in a circle, facing the center. Set up as many chairs as there are players minus 1. For example, for 10 players, you will need 9 chairs. Alternatively, you can use anything that can mark the positions of each seat (examples: labels, masking tapes, shoes, books).
For younger children, you may like to write the attributes of the fruit of the Spirit on sticker labels or masking tape. One attribute per label.
How to Play
Write the 9 attributes of the fruit of the Spirit on a dry erase board.
Assign each player one attribute of the fruit of the Spirit.
There must be 2 or more players assigned to each attribute.
For smaller groups, assign each player 2 or 3 attributes.
For younger children, stick the prepared labels on the players’ shirts.
Ask one player to stand in the center of the circle and have everyone else sit on the chairs.
There should be just enough chairs for everyone except for the player in the center.
To start the game, the player in the center shouts, “Blow wind blow!”
The other players respond by shouting, “Blow what?”
The player in the center replies, “Blow all the ________.“ (one attribute of the fruit of the Spirit)
All the players who have been assigned that attribute must quickly get up and move to a seat vacated by another player; the player in the center tries to get a seat. One player will be left without a seat. This player must now stand in the center of the circle and shout, “Blow wind blow!”…
You can end the game anytime, or when you feel that everyone has a pretty good idea of the fruit of the Spirit.
Bible Lesson – Fruit of the Spirit
1. Did you enjoy the game?
2. Was it easy for you to remember what attribute you were?
3. Was it easy for you to remember all the other attributes?
The Bible talks about these nine attributes as the fruit of the Spirit.
4. What are the nine attributes of the fruit of the Spirit?
5. How can we get the fruit of the Spirit?
6. Can you give examples of each attribute? For example, how do you show love?
7. Out of these nine attributes, which is the most difficult for you?
These nine attributes – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control – are fruit of the Spirit. They are produced by the Holy Spirit who lives inside those who believe in Jesus. Following and yielding to the Holy Spirit leads to good fruit in our lives that please God.
Allow calling for two or more fruit of the Spirit at a time, e.g. “blow all the Joy and Gentleness”.
Allow calling for all nine “fruit of the Spirit” at the same time, e.g. “blow all the fruit of the Spirit”.
Here are some variations of this game that can help introduce or reinforce other Bible lessons:
- Twelve Disciples Blow Wind Blow (for lessons on following Jesus)
- Animals Blow Wind Blow (for lessons on the story of creation)
- Blow Around the World (for lessons on evangelism and missions or the Tower of Babel)
- Blow Wind Blow (generic version that serves as a fun icebreaker)
Please Rate This Game: