Keep It Up!
Have fun keeping balloons in the air and learn about how love always protects.
Bible: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Ages: 6 and above
Group Size: 2 or more
Supplies: Balloons (1 for each player, plus extras)
Please Rate This Game:
Blow up balloons. (Alternatively, get the players to blow them up just before game begins.)
How to Play
Don’t force anyone to play. Be aware that some may be terrified of balloons; allow them to sit as far back as possible during the game.
Give each player a balloon.
On “Go”, each player tosses their balloon in the air.
The person who manages to keep his/her own balloon in the air for the longest time wins.
They may use any part of their body to keep the balloons in the air, but the balloons must not rest on their body or be held.
Bible Lesson – Love Always Protects
1. Did you enjoy this game? Why or why not?
2. Do you like to play with balloons generally? Why or why not?
3. Was it easy to keep the balloon up in the air?
4. In this game, it is inconsequential when the balloon drops to the ground. It’s bouncy and it is filled with air, so it doesn’t get damaged when it is dropped. But this is not always the case if we replace with other objects. What are some objects that will break when they are dropped?
5. How would we handle breakable objects?
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
6. What does verse 7 tell us about love?
7. What are some ways you can protect a person from physical harm?
8. Besides protecting a person from physical harm, how else can we protect a person?
In today’s passage, we read about the many aspects of love. One of these aspects, as we read in verse 7, is that love always protects. If we love someone, we will keep a lookout for the person and protect the person from harm.