How to Play
M&M’s typically come in six colors: brown, yellow, green, red, orange, and blue.
Give each player 10 (or more) M&M’s of a good mix of colors.
On “go”, players must go around and exchange M&M’s with other players.
The first player to have all 10 (or more) M&M’s of the same color wins.
Bible Lesson – Conflicts and Disagreements (Youth/Adults)
1. Which is your favorite-colored M&M’s?
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
3. Do you eat meat? Do you drink alcohol socially? Have you ever had any disagreement with anyone about food?
Get into the Word
Read 1 Corinthians 8:4-8
4. What is the issue being discussed here?
5. For those in the know, why is it alright to eat food sacrificed to idols? (Verses 4-6)
6. Why do some people feel otherwise? (Verse 7)
7. How important is it for a person to either eat or not eat food sacrificed to idols? (Verse 8)
Read 1 Corinthians 8:1-3
8. After beginning this section with “Now about food sacrificed to idols” (in verse 1), Apostle Paul then made a detour to discuss a seemingly different issue in verses 1-3.
What is your understanding of these 3 verses?
9. What is more important? Your knowledge or your love?
10. Which is a better way to resolve this issue about eating food sacrificed to idols? Based on knowledge or based on love? Tell us more.
Get the Word into your Life
Read 1 Corinthians 8:9-13
11. How would the apostle Paul decide whether or not to eat food sacrificed to idols?
Would he decide based on his knowledge about the food?
Or based on his love for the people around him?
12. What is the general learning point from today’s passage? Is it only about food? How should we resolve our differences/disagreements with others?
13. Is this way of resolving differences/disagreements easy? Why or why not?
14. Have you ever been hurt because of the poor handling of differences/disagreements by others? Tell us more.
15. Have you ever regretted your own poor handling of differences/disagreements? Tell us more.
16. What are some differences/disagreements that you currently face?
17. How can we pray for you this week?