Download, print and cut up the Emoji Story Cards.
Depending on the number of players and number of rounds you plan to play, you may not need the entire set.
Shuffle the cards thoroughly.
How to Play
Have everyone sit in a circle.
One player will draw an Emoji Story Card and begin the story.
The story must begin with “Once upon a time…” and include the emoji drawn.
The player on the left will draw another Emoji Story Card and add one sentence to the story.
The sentence added must always include the new emoji drawn.
Carry on drawing Emoji Story Cards and adding to the story until you reach the last player in the circle.
That player must draw an Emoji Story Card and conclude the story in one final sentence that includes the emoji drawn.
(If your group has fewer than 10 players, you can continue the story for 2 or more rounds before concluding the story.)
Play as many rounds as you like, starting with a different player each round.
You can also play this game without the Emoji Cards.
Encourage everyone to add silly twists and turns for a good laugh.
Bible Lesson 1 – What is the Bible? (Kids)
1. Did you enjoy this game?
2. Which was the silliest story?
3. Which was your favorite story?
In this game, each story was made up by everyone. Each person contributed one sentence, and together we made up the entire story.
4. In what ways is the Bible different from all these stories that we made up?
5. In what way is the Bible similar to these stories?
6. Do you know who wrote the Bible?
2 Timothy 3:16-17
7. What is another name for the Bible?
8. Who wrote the Bible?
The Bible is sometimes referred to as Scripture.
Different human authors wrote different books of the Bible.
There are altogether more than 40 human authors who took about 1500 years to write all 66 books of the Bible.
However, the entire Bible tells one unified story because God is the real author behind these human authors.
God’s Spirit worked within the human authors to inspire them to write the Bible.
9. Why is the Bible important?
The Bible tells us all about God and his relentless love for us.
It tells us how we can have a relationship with God and how we can fulfill God’s plans for our lives.
It teaches us to distinguish between what is right and wrong in God’s eyes, and trains and equips us to do God’s work.
Bible Lesson 2 – Influence of Social Media (Youth/Adults)
1. How often do you use Emojis in your communications and on Social Media?
2. Which Emojis do you use most frequently?
3. Describe what you typically see or read on your social media feed.
4. In what ways are you positively influenced by what you see or read on social media?
5. In what ways are you negatively influenced by what you see or read on social media?
Get into the Word
Read Proverbs 12:26; 13:20; 17:17; 18:24; 1 Corinthians 15:33
6. How careful are you in choosing friends?
7. Why is it important that we choose our friends carefully?
8. How careful are you in choosing who you follow or friend on social media?
9. In what ways are those you follow or friend on social media like or unlike your personal friends?
10. Are you more positively or negatively influenced by social media? Why do you think this is so?
Read Philippians 4:8; Proverbs 4:23; James 1:13-15; Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:2-5
11. Why is it important for us to guard our hearts and our minds?
12. How can we guard our hearts and our minds on social media?
Get the Word into your Life
Read Psalm 1:1-6
13. Why is it important that we spend time reading and thinking about the Bible?
14. Whose company are you keeping on social media?
15. Is your social media consumption drawing you closer or taking you away from God?
16. What are some changes you need to make in your usage of social media that will draw you closer to God?
Read Ephesians 4:22-32
17. What do you usually post on social media?
18. Do your social media friends and followers know you are a Christian? Why or why not?
19. What are some things you have posted on social media (or commented on others’ posts) that God may have disapproved of? Tell us more.
20. Ephesians 4:29 says, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
How beneficial are your social media posts (and comments) to your social media followers and friends? How helpful have you been in building them up according to their needs?
21. What are some changes you need to make in your usage of social media?