Gift-wrap each box and plastic bottle individually.
How to Play
Divide into teams. Each team can have 2-5 players. (Teams can be larger, but smaller teams allow everyone to be involved.)
Give each team an equal number of “presents” (gift-wrapped boxes and plastic bottles).
The objective is to build the tallest free-standing stack of presents in 5 minutes.
When the time is up, everyone must stop working.
The team that builds the tallest free-standing stack of presents wins.
Bible Lesson – Gospel Presentation
1. Did you enjoy the game?
2. Did you manage to stack up the presents into a tall pile?
3. Do you like receiving presents? What is the best gift you have ever received?
4. What is a gift that you really wish to receive?
5. What do you think is the world’s greatest gift?
The Bible tells us about the greatest gift that God has given to us. Do you know what it is?
God loves us very much and wants us to be with him forever and ever.
But we cannot be with God because we have all sinned. (Isaiah 59:2, Romans 6:23) We have all done things that are wrong. (Romans 3:23) Telling lies, fighting and stealing are examples of sins.
6. Do you know what “sin” means?
7. What were some of the things you have done that may have made God unhappy?
God is very sad that we can’t be with him forever and ever. So God gave us his Son, Jesus, as the perfect (Christmas) gift! (John 3:16)
8. Do you know who Jesus is?
9. When do we celebrate Jesus’ birth?
Jesus came from heaven to earth to die on the cross so that all our sins can be forgiven. (Romans 5:8) And on the third day, he became alive again! (Acts 13:30,31) If we choose to accept God’s perfect gift of Jesus, we can now have a relationship with God. We can become children of God. We can call God our Father. And we can one day be with God in heaven! (John 1:12, 1 John 1:9)
10. Would you like to have a relationship with God?
11. What do you think heaven is like?
12. Would you like to one day be with God in heaven?
Here’s how you can accept God’s perfect gift of Jesus and be with God forever and ever!
(i) Admit that you have sinned and ask God to forgive you,
(ii) Believe that Jesus died on the cross to be punished instead of you, and
(iii) Invite Jesus into your life to help you turn away from sin.
13. Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to take our punishment?
14. Do you want to invite Jesus into your life?
Here’s a prayer you can say right now:
Dear God, thank you for your gift of Jesus! I want to accept your perfect gift right now! I know that I have sinned. I have done things that are wrong. I believe that Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins. Please forgive all of my sins. Dear Jesus, please come into my life and help me turn away from doing wrong. Thank you that because you took the punishment for my sins, I can have a relationship with you now and will one day be with you in heaven. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
If you have said this prayer, you now have a special relationship with God and you can one day be with God in heaven!
It is important that you grow in your relationship with Jesus. You can do this by:
– Talking to God
– Reading God’s word, the Bible, and
– Obeying him
Children and youths may need some handles to help them share the Gospel with their friends, especially if it’s their first time. You may want to consider equipping them with some Gospel tracts. www.LetTheLittleChildrenCome.com specializes in creative Gospel tools that get children and youths excited about sharing the Gospel. Click here to check out their sampler pack of Gospel Tracts.
Here is a variation of this game that can help introduce or reinforce another Bible lessons:
- Tallest Tower (for lessons on the parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders or Tower of Babel)
Share the Gospel this Christmas
The holiday season presents an excellent opportunity to share the message of salvation.