Blindfolded players try to ignore noisy distractions to stay focused on their teammates’ instructions to retrieve crushed papers balls. Use this game to teach about silence and solitude.
Bible: Psalm 46:10a; Luke 5:15-16
Ages: 10 and above
Group Size: 6 or more
Supplies: Colored Papers, Blindfolds, Bucket
How to Play
Divide into teams of 3-6 players per team.
You will need at least 2 teams to play.
Place a bucket in the middle of the room.
Scatter crushed colored papers around the room.
– Assign a different color for each team.
– 3 pieces per team.
Blindfold one player from each team.
Their role is to pick up the team’s colored papers (one at a time) and place them in the bucket.
The rest of the team must shout instructions to guide their blindfolded teammate while standing at the sides of the room. They should also try to distract and confuse the other blindfolded players.
The first team to retrieve all their colored papers wins.
Bible Lesson for Youths/Adults – Silence and Solitude
1. How many different forms of communication are you exposed to?
What are they? (Face to face, phone calls, various messaging apps, social media, mass media, etc)
2. Do you consider your life “noisy”?
Get into the Word
Read Psalm 46:10a (Be still, and know that I am God!)
3. Why is it important to know that “He is God”?
4. In what ways do we sometimes live as though we do not know that “He is God”?
5. How will our lives be different if we can fully grasp that “He is God”?
6. What is the relationship between “being still” and “knowing he is God”?
7. Is “being still” important? Why? Or why not?
8. Is “being still” difficult? Why? Or why not?
Read Luke 5:15-16
9. What can we learn from these verses?
10. What can we learn from the game we played earlier?
Get the Word into your Life
11. Psalm 46 was written against a backdrop of war, and “be still” is sometimes translated to “stop fighting” or “cease striving”. How can we “be still” in today’s context?
12. What are some specific things we can do to make our lives less noisy?
(For some ideas, check out https://www.revivalandreformation.org/resources/all/unplugged-disconnect-to-reconnect)
Please Rate This Game: