How to Play
Have everyone sit in a circle.
The leader passes the object to the person next to him/her and says something nice about the person. Examples:
– “You are very helpful” (or kind, friendly, sincere…)
If the group is unfamiliar with one another, they can say general things like
– “I like your smile” (or hairstyle, or color of shirt…)
The object gets passed from person to person, with everyone saying something nice to his/her neighbour.
The game ends when the object returns to the leader.
Bible Lesson – Love
1. Did you enjoy the game? Did you find it easy or difficult to think of something to say?
2. Does your daily speech sound anything like what we just heard? Why or why not?
3. What does the Bible tell us about saying pleasant things to one another?
Ephesians 4:29; Ephesians 4:15; Hebrews 10:24-25
4. How should we speak to one another?
5. Why does God want us to speak to one another in this way?
The Bible teaches us to be careful with the things that we say. We should only speak the truth in love, and only say things that are helpful to our listeners. Words can tear us down and they can build us up. Let us get into the habit of building one another up with our words every day!