Download and print as many copies of our Thanksgiving Mad Libs as you need.
There are 2 Thanksgiving themed Mad Libs to choose from:
How to Play Thanksgiving Mad Libs
Simply give each player a Thanksgiving Mad Lib, and a pen or pencil.
Players have fun filling in the blanks with the most creative answers they can think of.
After everyone is done, compare answers and have a great laugh!
You can have a game master reading out the Thanksgiving Mad Lib, pausing at each blank.
Players shout out their answers.
The game master picks the most hilarious answer and carries on reading.
If you enjoy word games, you may want to check out our Thanksgiving Word Searches and Thanksgiving Word Scramble.
Planning a holiday party, Christmas family gathering, Sunday School lesson or church event? Check out our collection of Christmas games for kids and adults. In the mix are lively Christmas party games as well as more relaxed (read quieter) Christmas game ideas.
Bible Lesson – Thanksgiving: Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers
1. Did you enjoy this game?
2. Who do you think had the funniest Mad Lib?
3. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Who do you usually celebrate Thanksgiving with? How do you celebrate?
Thanksgiving Day is a good time for us to reflect on and give thanks for all the things that we are thankful for. (But we don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving Day to give thanks!)
4. What is that best thing that has happened in your life that you are most thankful for?
5. What are some other smaller things in your life that you are also thankful for?
Some of us may be better off than others. Some may be richer. Some healthier. Some smarter. Etc.
But whatever our life circumstances may be, there are always things that we can be thankful for.
6. In verse 12, how many lepers approached Jesus?
7. What did Jesus do for these lepers?
8. How many lepers did Jesus heal?
9. How many lepers thanked Jesus for what He did?
Jesus performed the same miraculous healing for 10 lepers, but only 1 leper thanked Jesus and praised God for the miracle.
While most of us have never experienced a miraculous healing, all of us have received many other blessings from God.
10. Have you encountered anyone who regularly says “thank you”, whether to the people around them or to God? Tell us about these people.
11. Have you encountered anyone who regularly complains about things? Tell us about these people.
12. Are you more like the first “thankful” group or the second “complaining” group of people? Tell us more.
13. Do you prefer to be around the first “thankful” group or the second “complaining” group of people? Tell us more.
14. Why is it good to be more like that “thankful” group?
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:18
15. What does this verse tell us to do?
16. Why is it important for us to give thanks in all circumstances?
Whatever our life circumstances may be, there are things that we can be thankful for.
It is important that we have a thankful heart and regularly say “thank you” to God and to the people around us. It makes us a happier person, and it makes us more pleasant to be with. Most importantly, it makes God happy!