There is no fixed recipe for lemonade; it really depends on how sweet and how concentrated you like it to be.
Prepare a sugar solution by adding 2 tablespoons of sugar to half cup of hot water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside. Alternatively substitute this sugar solution with honey.
Give each person 1 lemon. Wash and cut lemons into halves.
Squeeze as much juice as you can out of each lemon.
Add half cup of cold water to dilute.
Slowly add the sugar solution that you prepared earlier (or honey) to your lemonade until you have your desired sweetness.
Add ice (optional).
Bible Lesson – Joy
1. Did you have fun making your lemonade drink?
2. Do you like your drink?
3. Which do you prefer? Eating a sour lemon, or drinking an ice-cold lemonade?
4. Have you heard of the saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”?
What do you think this saying means?
5. Does this secular saying apply to Christians? Why or why not?
6. How do you think God wants us to respond in times of trouble? Tell us more.
7. Did Jesus promise his disciples that they will not encounter any trouble in life?
8. Who is the Holy Spirit?
9. Where is the Holy Spirit?
10. Why did God give us the Holy Spirit?
11. How does knowing that you have the Holy Spirit living inside you make you feel?
12. What does the Holy Spirit produce in our lives when we walk closely with him?
When we are faced with difficulties and adversity, we probably won’t be cheerful and happy.
But we can still rejoice in the fact that we have Jesus and the Holy Spirit in our lives. Jesus has already overcome the world and all its problems! And we have the Holy Spirit living inside us to be our helper!
13. What do you understand by “eternal life”?
14. How does having eternal life make a difference in your daily living here on earth?
15. How does having eternal life make a difference after you die physically?
16. How does having eternal life help you deal with the problems that you may face today?
The Bible tells us that if we believe in Jesus, we can have eternal life. This means that we can have a relationship with God right now, and we can one day be with God in heaven.
So even when we encounter problems in our lives today, we don’t have to despair. We can rejoice that God is with us and he will help us deal with our problems. And we can rejoice that this problem that we are facing is only temporary.
17. What can we look forward to in the future?
18. How would you describe heaven in your own words?
When life gives you lemons, you don’t have to despair. Don’t focus on the present difficulties. Instead, rejoice that God is with you and he will help you deal with the difficulties. And one day, all the problems of this world will go away, and we will live with God in a perfect world, with no pain, no crying and no death!